For many, having their headphones on their person is similar to having your keys and cell phone – they are essential. People are moving away from wired headphones in the hope to change to Bluetooth earbuds or Bluetooth ear headphones. But sometimes our love of headphones don’t match our bank accounts. Just because some of them are expensive, doesn’t mean that we have to suffer from substandard sound quality, whether that is in the gym, or on our daily commute to work. There are plenty of great budget wireless headphones out there, but it is just knowing where to find them.
In this review, we are going to do a round up of the true best wireless headphones that are under $100. For each product you will get a detailed experience, reading about the pros and cons of each, leaving no room for any doubts or questions that you may have. You will get the full user experience simply by reading this review! With all the information you could need at your disposal, we are confident that you will be able to make the choice that is best for you in order to improve your day-to-day life for the better AND for an affordable price!
The 10 Best Wireless Headphones under $100
1. AUKEY True Wireless Earbuds
Aukey have released new true wireless earbuds, designed specifically to everything you’re looking for, in a price range that is right for you.
- Superior Sound Quality: Experience crisp, high-fidelity sound while Bluetooth 5 provides faster pairing and a stable, efficient wireless connection
- Great Battery Life: The earbuds provide 5 hours of high-quality sound output on a single charge, and the included charging case provides an additional 6 charges, giving 35 hours of total playtime.
- Convenient Touch Control: Used like a Bluetooth headset, control these true wireless buds with one button with the multi-function touch panel on each microphone.
2. Soundcore Liberty Neo Earbuds
Soundcore is the audio brand from Anker. Anker have a devoted following, with their signature sound being loved by 10 million people and more around the world today.
- Expertly Tuned Graphene Drivers: Anker have thought deeply into the design for these wireless earbuds. The new driver for Liberty Neo wireless earbuds take full advantage of the material in questions remarkable properties. It is 100 times harder than steel, 35% lighter than traditional driver diaphragms, as well as the fact it oscillates with extreme position, giving your music experience a wider soundstage. This means promised crystal clear clarity across the entire frequency range.
- Bass You Can Feel: Anker have worked on their BassUp technology. It analyzes your audio’s low frequencies in real-time, and will increase the bass by up to 43%. Can you imagine when you’re on the treadmill and the bass increases just for when you need that last push of motivation? Amazing! You’re not just listening to your music, you’re feeling it!
- Unbreakable Connectivity: What Anker promises that other products do not is their unbreakable connectivity. These wireless earbuds come with an LDS antenna, made from satellite technology. With the added Bluetooth 5.0, it creates the perfect link between the wireless earbuds and your device, even in the busiest of places. No skips or drops, just clear listening.
3. Taotronics Bluetooth Headphones
TaoTronics have released new active noise cancelling headphones, one of the best under $100 headphones on the market today. With amazing Bluetooth connectivity, these headphones could enhance your workouts, office work and more!
- Hi-Fi Audio Sound & Deep Bass: These wireless headphones are equipped with 40mm drivers, delivering a powerful sound with less audio delay than others on the market. The Bluetooth 5.0 technology promises an ultra-fast and unbreakable connection.
- 40H Playtime & Incredible Fast Charging: Plug these in for just 5 minutes with a USB connector for 2 hours playback time. Charge for 45 minutes for a playtime for up to 40 hours! Remember to turn off ANC to avoid power consumption when the headphones aren’t in use. A battery life like no other, a single charge and you’re good to go!
- Customizable Comfort & Ultra-Lightweight: With an adjustable headband and 90 degree rotatable ear cups, TaoTronics have thought about ear design closely. The memory foam ear pads with over ear cups are designed to completely cover your ears and reduce pressure on them. The lightweight headphones only weigh 7.8oz, perfect for long-time noise cancellation.
4. COWIN E7 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Cowin have released a range of noise cancelling headphones with a great sound for less than $100! Coming in various colours, these headphones could add more fun and vibrancy to your overall listening experience. They do also come with wires should you want to use them with another device.
- Active Noise Cancelling technology: The noise cancellation function can work well both in wire and wireless mode. This product boasts significant noise reduction for travelling, working etc. The installed advanced active noise reduction technology combats traffic, office, or even airplane cabin noise giving you a smooth listening experience.
- Design: These headphones come with a protein earpad as well as 90 degree swivel earcups. They are comfortable to fit around your ear, giving hours of listening with ease. We would encourage you to take off the headphones every 2-3 hours to give your ears a chance to relax.
- 30 hours playtime: With a built-in 750mAh battery, these headphones have incredible battery life. You can enjoy your world without noise for 30 hours. Also included is 18-month warranty. Contact the friendly customer service team at any point if you are unhappy with the product.
5. Aukey True Wireless Noice Cancelling Earbuds
Aukey have released a new pair of wireless earbuds, designed to suit you while you’re on the move. These could be your next best purchase for under $100!
- Advanced Active Noise Cancelation: Programmed with an advanced ANC technology, these earbuds can detect and cancel a maximum 28dB of ambient noise, meaning you can focus more on the music. Installed are 10mm dynamic drivers which enhance bass, giving an incredible sound.
- 35-Hour Playtime & USB-C Quick Charge: These earbuds offer 7 hours of music and calls from one single charge. With the charging case, you can get 35 hours of playtime. The USB-C Quick Charge means that it can fully be charged in 120 minutes.
- One-Step Pairing & IPX5 Water Resistance: These true wireless earbuds are ready to go when you are. All you need to do is take them out of the charging case and they will automatically pair to your device. They are also IPX5 water resistant – making them ideal for any workout conditions. Sweat resistant, waterproof – they perfect addition.
6. iJoy Premium Headphones
iJoy have released some wireless headphones for an amazing price! Coming in a matte black colour, they could be your next best purchase.
- Sound: Deep, accurate bass response, extended frequency range, rechargeable.
- Design: These headphones are design with foam ear cups that help to fit around the ears in order to isolate the audio. Their foldable feature makes it easy to carry. The noise cancellation design means it is perfect for you to use in any kind of busy environment. Whether that be on the commute to work, an airplane cabin, or in the gym. You can take these best wireless headphones anywhere you want!
- Warranty: iJoy promises customers a 6 months exchange warranty if for whatever reason you are unhappy with the product. If your headset breaks or becomes damaged, iJoy will provide you with a free replacement! What more could you ask for?
Something to remember – you get what you pay for. These headphones are an incredibly reasonable price, and for someone who doesn’t want to spend $100, this must be remembered.
7. Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones
MPOW have released a range of coloured headphones with a foldable style. For under $100 dollars, you can still get amazing quality without it having to hurt your bank account.
- IMPRESSIVE SOUND QUALITY: The Hi-Fi stereo sound on these headphones are the best in the market right now. It benefits from the 40mm neodymium driver, CSR chip etc. The around-ear cushion design means that you are provided with a well-closed and immersed environment for your ears. One thing to note is that MPOW 059 headphones are passive noise isolating, NOT active noise cancellation. We do not claim that it cancels the noise completely, but equally, it won’t drain the battery and damage the sound.
- NEVER POWER OFF, BOTH WIRELESS & WIRED: The battery life update boasts 20 hours of playtime from one single charge. A 10-minute charge gives 2. hours of playtime even when the battery is low. Equally, a wire comes with the headset to go from wireless to wired whenever you wise – meaning you can have power at all times.
- FOLDABLE DESIGN WITH A PORTABLE BAG & GENTLE REMINDER: MPOW’s foldable headband is not just designed for saving you desk space, but it makes slotting these headphones, under $100, in your bag easy! MPOW encourages that in order to let your ears breathe, take the headphones off every 1-2 hours. This lets them relax whilst protecting them from muggy environmental factors also.
8. Motorola Escape 220 Bluetooth Headphones
Motorola have been a beloved brand by many, and now they’ve released their own wireless headphones for under $100. With a brand you can trust, these true wireless headphones could be what you’re looking for to change your daily routine for a moderate sound to a great sound quality, all for under $100. It’s too tempting to pass up.
- CRISP & CLEAR AUDIO: With these over-ear headphones, make your day so much better. Housing 40mm sound drivers, these Bluetooth headphones deliver crystal clear audio.
- NO MORE TANGLED WIRES: Are you tired of tangled headphone wires? Be tired no more. These over the ear headphones connect to your device via Bluetooth 5.0 technology.
- READY FOR ALL-DAY USE: Stay connected from morning until night with amazing battery life. These over ear headphones are home to a 300mAh Li-ion battery, which can squeeze out up to 23 hours of non-stop play time – making your listening experience all the better.
9. OneOdio Bluetooth Headphones
OneOdio have released Bluetooth over-ear headphones that can be both wired or wireless, depending on your preference! Compatible with every kind of device, from Apple to Android – providing you with the best listening experience for a reasonable price.
- Natural Talking Sounding Audio: Oneodio promises you will get the hear-and-be-heard advantages of a upgraded OneOdio bluetooth headphones, thanks to advanced CVC 8.0 undirectional noise reduction microphone technology.
- Dual Mode & Never Power Off: The wireless mode: A built-in 1500mAh battery provides up to 80 hrs play time in a single charge. Wired mode: you can also use it as a wired headphone with the provided audio cable so the headphones will never power off.
- Maximum Comfort & Space Saving: Over ear ergonomic designed memory ensure long lasting comfort. The foldable Headband is not only designed for saving your desk space but for carrying in the provided carrying bag.
- Compatibility: These headphones are the best quality for under $100. They are compatible with iPad, iPod, iPhone, PC, electric piano/drum, keyboard, Android. What more could you ask for?
10. PowerLocus Over-the-Ear Headphones
PowerLocus have released a new custom-designed pair of over the ear headphones in a range of different colours, this could be your next best purchase, giving you great value for money.
- QUALITY MADE DESIGN: PowerLocus headphones are built from materials that are the best for your ears. The super soft protein foam that surrounds the leather earmuffs and headband contribute to extreme comfort for a balanced user experience.
- GREAT COMFORT FOR ALL AGES: The over-ear headphones are foldable and stretchable, so they can fit perfectly almost any size head. They are unisex – suitable for children, teenagers and adults alike!
- Wireless and Wired FLEXIBLE HEADPHONES: These are rechargeable headphones, offering 15 hours of playtime. If they run out of battery while you are still on the move, switch to wired mode to still enjoy – giving amazing battery life! PowerLocus offers a 24 month warranty – as well as offering 24/7 customer support if for whatever reason you are unhappy with the product.
- CONNECT QUICKLY via Bluetooth 5.0: These Bluetooth headphones are incredibly easy to use. Simply slide the on/off button and the headphones will automatically pair. They are compatible with both Bluetooth or 3.5mm plug cable enabled devices. You can receive calls and have hands free communication through the noise cancellation microphone. Pair today with Apple and Android products as well as Huawei, Amazon Fire Tablet and more!
Buyers’ Guide: Considerations for Buying Bluetooth Headphones on a Budget
The reason anyone decides to invest in headphones is because they want a better sound quality in their lives. Before committing to a single pair of wireless headphones, it’s crucial to look at the product’s audio quality.
These days, many wireless headphones are equipped with aptX technology. Simply put, Bluetooth was never meant for high-quality audio transmissions which means that audio is compressed, making it sound worse. However, as long as the product you choose supports aptX technology – you are in the clear.
Most people today cannot tell the difference between $40 headphones versus $400 dollars as the market quality is incredibly high. This is why you should get ones that you are willing to pay out for for the quality you deserve.
In reality, there are three area which most people tend to focus on when looking for wireless headphones. Many use their single pair of headphones for a few hours a day every day, so you need to make sure that they are comfortable and convenient.
There are three forms of wireless earphones: in-ear, on-ear, and over-ear.
In-ear may be self-explanatory but it is the one companies are consistently focused on today, striving to improve its form and functionality.
On-ear headphones are ones which rest on top of the ears but do not fully enclose them. In contrast, over-ear headphones enclose the entire ear. The difference between the two is that the latter allows for better sound quality with louder volumes and better bass but may not be as comfortable or as portable.
Controls & Pairing
One common feature of wired headphones is that they have a controlling device button. This usually enables you to control things like volume, or play/pause with a physical button that sits along the wire. Wireless headphones, however, are a different story.
Usually, a lot of wireless headphones have controls on the actual earpieces themselves. Many of the more modern products have touch controls, and even some can be controlled by voice or external apps.
For some, the control method and overall style is more important than you might think. Many manufacturers of these headphones will opt for style rather than overall functionality – all of which totally depends on your needs when buying the headphones. For example: some of the controls might not be suitable for gym-goers.
Another important thing to consider is how well your headphones can pair with an external device. Most of them use Bluetooth pairing, or some kind of external speaker but others might have NFC functionality.
For those of you who are used to only ever owning a pair of wired headphones, the fact that wireless headphones have a somewhat limited battery life will be a foreign concept. This is necessary when owning a pair of wireless headphones, and something worth considering before making your purchase.
Looking at the wireless headphones on the market today, and considering the ones that have been written about in this review, many of them will give you a good few hours of battery life. This means you can use them for a few hours throughout the day before needing to recharge. If there is a reason you need to have extended battery life, it is worth researching further to find a pair of headphones that can meet your daily demands, but still at an affordable price.
As well as battery life, another thing to consider is the overall charging time. In some cases, if you forget to plug your wireless headphones in when you come back from work or the gym, you may not be able to use them the next day.
Some give you the option to use them whilst they are charging, but this somewhat defeats the purpose as they become no longer ‘wireless’ headphones. This means that the portable advantages of the product are no longer available to you.
What are the best headphones under $100?
From this review, we have shown you a range of different wireless headphones for under $100. This price tag is appealing to anyone, but to decide which one is the ‘best’ you need to fixate on which features appeal most to you. Could it be the noise cancellation? The long-term wireless charging? The over ears covering? These are decisions you’ll have to make before looking at this great price and making your choice.
From our analysis, the product we would recommend most TraTronics noise cancellation headphones. From our review as well as thousands of other positive reviews, it’s incredibly difficult to fault this product – which is why we rate them the best value for under $100. These headphones offer the best battery life – with a 45 minute charge offering you a playtime of 40 hours. This is unlike any battery life of the other headphones previously reviewed. This battery life offers you the best kind of quality while you are on the move – perfect for travelling, exercising or whatever you might need them for. The light design and portable quality make them perfect for your everyday activities – and theres been no previous complaints about these headphones being uncomfortable to wear, meaning you can have them on a train, run, or in the gym with ease. The actual sound quality of these wireless headphones have not been faulted either. They are programmed with drivers that enhance bass quality to give you the best listening experience possible.
We understand that there are many headphones under $100, and it’s hard to know which one could be your next best purchase. Product reviews are important to consider before you pick which one does the job. We hope after reading our review, we can point you in the right direction!